Monday, August 8, 2016

Little Voice

"Let Go/Hold On," Athena Petra Tasiopoulos

Little Voice

Human voice why do we hear you inside
ourselves when no sound escapes us

If wind is the thought then the trembling tree
is the throat and the leaves that exalt
in jostling each other are the voice
Even though it sounds like they are saying
shhhhh So that the wind says shhhhh

Am I allowed to have a voice Why
am I permitted to speak

What comes from you is yours
but it is not yours once you release it

Like all creatures
the voice wants to live

Unlike all creatures
the voice can live without its body
No vessel No carton No shell

Snail-soul fly forth as sound
and also as soundless marks
Crawl and scurry and float





Image above by Athena Petra Tasiopoulos

2 comments

  1. beautiful. so glad to see you writing and posting poems. Though I only know you through this blog, I think of you and remember my days as a new mom, so tired and exhilarated and depleted all at once. Congratulations on all of it, creating people and poems at the same time--like juggling magic and mysteries, all the balls in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment! I really appreciate you reading, and sharing your memories and sweet words with me! Exhilarated/depleted is so apt! <3

      Delete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.